Sunday, April 29, 2012

in the question mark room

It was right next to the library, but I had never noticed it before. No sign on the door. Nobody seemed to go in or out of it.

I asked the doc what it was and he said it was a "storage closet." Finally, I convinced one of the janitors to unlock the door and let me in.

It was...a storage closet. Brooms and mops and buckets lay scattered around the place. Well, okay, it was fairly big for a storage closet, but I couldn't see anything that wouldn't be in a normal storage closet. Just, you know, supplies and stuff.

And there was Finnegans Wake. And next to Finnegans Wake, there was a spiral notebook with a clear blue cover.



Have you ever seen those movies where the detectives come across a suspect's room and it's covered in weird scrawlings and random snippets from newspapers and stuff? The Room o' Crazy? Yeah, that was like that only in notebook format.







"A Game of Grace"? Why does that not sound good? Fuck.

2 comments:

  1. The only thing that jumps out at me from the notebook is the third page. The first letter of each line spells out "OATH BREAKER".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it appears nobody wants to play. Should I give you guys a hint? The next book is somewhere in that notebook.

    Of course, if you don't play, things might just get worse.

    ReplyDelete